Below you will find detailed information on what Cookies are, what kind of cookies this website uses, how you can disable them in your browser and how to specifically block the installation of third-parties cookies .
1. What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device. When you visit our sites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Ensure that web pages can work correctly.
- Store the preferences, such as the language you have selected or the font size.
- Know the user’s browsing experience.
- Collect anonymous statistical information, such as what pages the user has visited or how long they have stayed on the website.
2. Typology, purpose and operation
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies . The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The second ones expire when the objective for which they serve is met (for example, so that the user remains identified in the website) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on its objective, cookies can be classified as follows:
- Essential: cookies that are essential to provide you with services you have requested. For example, these include the cookies that make it possible for you to stay logged into your Guardian account and make comments. If you set your browser to block these cookies, then these functions and services will not work for you. In particular, we won’t be able to save your preferences about cookies.
- Performance: cookies which measure how often you visit our sites and how you use them. We use this information to get a better sense of how our users engage with our journalism and to improve our sites and apps, so that users have a better experience.
- Advertising: cookies that are used to collect information about your visit to our site, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. There are two types:
- Anonymous: They only collect information about the advertising spaces shown on the website, independently of the user who accesses the website, that is, without expressly identifying him.
- Personalized: They collect personal information of the user of the website by a third party, for the personalization of said advertising spaces.
- Geo-location: These Cookies are used to find out in which country or region the user is when they access a website service in order to offer content or services appropriate to their location.
3. Cookies used on this website
Below is a table with the cookies used in this website, incorporating a criterion of “level of intrusiveness ” supported on a scale of 1 to 3, in which:
Level 1 : corresponds to Cookies strictly necessary for the provision of the service requested by the user.
Level 2 : corresponds to performance cookies (anonymous) necessary for content maintenance and navigation, of which it is only necessary to report their existence.
Level 3 : corresponds to Cookies managed by third parties that allow user tracking through webs of which MALCO DIGITAL GROUP SRL It is not a holder. Normally they correspond to advertising or analytical cookies where the user is uniquely and clearly identified.
|Used cookies table|
|_evCo||Session||Analysis||It is used to remember if the contact invitation has been maximized automatically.||Level 3|
|_evCoLT||15 days||Analysis||In case of having made a query, remember to use the user, the chat session and the operator that has attended this query.||Level 3|
|_evCoE||Session||Analysis||It is used to remember the user’s browsing information (pages, mouse movement, clicks).||Level 3|
|_evAd, _evCoupon, _evSubscription, _evPromt||Session||Analysis||They are used to remember if the user has viewed an advertisement, a coupon, a subscription or a notice respectively. These cookies are saved only if one of these events has been displayed.||Level 3|
|PHPSESSID||Persistent||Technical||Maintain a user’s session||Level 1|
|_gid||24 hours||Analysis||It is used to distinguish users.||Level 3|
|_ga||2 years||Analysis||It is used to distinguish users.||Level 3|
|_icl_current_language||1 day||Technical||Save the language in which the web is being displayed||Level 1|
If the user wishes, it is possible to stop accepting browser cookies, or stop accepting cookies from a particular service.
Apple Safari : https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
5. What happens when you disable your cookies?
Some functionalities and services may be disabled or have a different behaviour than expected, for example, remain identified, keep purchases in the “shopping cart” in an e-commerce service or receive information directed to your location, among others.
MALCO DIGITAL GROUP SRL can modify this Cookies Policy according to legislative or regulatory requirements, or with the purpose of adapting said policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, therefore users are advised to visit it periodically .
MALCO DIGITAL GROUP SRL 2022 ©All rights reserved